The Cooking Doula North London
In-home cooking Doula for deliciously healthy homemade meal in your own home in North London
I have had a personal interest in nutrition since I can remember, and being Italian meant I was always in the kitchen anyway! Due to my own food intolerances and allergies (I am coeliac) my family and I always had to be creative in the kitchen and because I love food I had to find testy and healthy way to satisfy my pallet and my soul
I am now proud I can cook healthy and nutritious home cooked meals with ease and I can offer that to you too.
I can cook delicious meals in your own home, and we are a particularly good match if you, or a member of your family has food intolerances, allergies, is coeliac or simply wants to try a gluten and dairy free, but delicious diet.
I am also keen on low or not sugar! snacks, cakes and desserts.
Here is how it works:
- Together we create a meal options to suit the dietary needs and tastes of your family.
- We agree how often you would like me to come to your house weekly, fortnightly or monthly to prepare healthy homemade meals from scratch.
- I then put on my ‘cooking-doula hat’ and start cooking amazingly healthy meals in your kitchen.
- I leave your fridge and freezer stocked with nutritious meals that are perfect for lunch or dinner.
- Best of all… I clear up when I’ve finished so there is absolutely nothing for you to do except enjoy the dishes I’ve prepared.
Your own cooking doula is particularly good in the post-partum period, when you are recovering from the birth or when you’re breastfeeding. At this time there is plenty to think about besides shopping and cooking! Yet what you choose to eat at this time is vitally important for your baby’s wellbeing as well as your own.
I can create dishes designed around nutritious foods that support the needs of a family, post-natal recovery or a breastfeeding mother.
And as some of clients says, there is something special about being cooked for!
Here is how much it cost
You have the added benefits that I am not a chef nor a nutritionist so my fee is cheaper.
My hourly rate is £30 + travel and parking if applicable. If you were to book a minimum of 20 hours to use in however long you want, but with a minimum of 3 hours for each slot, the hourly rate goes down to £25.
Usually in a 3 hour slot I can make at least two dishes and one side or pasta sauce as well as clean your kitchen. This gives you over 4 days of healthy home cooked supplies to enjoy.
Batch cooking sample menu ideas that will fill up your fridge or freezer with healthy home made meals
The dishes I prepare will be of course based on your likes (and dislikes!) and will be agreed together.
I generally tend to naturally cook gluten, dairy free and sugar free and I can easily accommodate other food allergies such as nuts or eggs.
As a general guide this is the type of batch booking I can do:
- Lasagne. This can either be the classic lasagne with a vegetable rich ragu’ or a vegetarian option. (Dairy and gluten free options too)
- Vegetable rich chicken cacciatore
- Soups, e. squash carrots and coriander
- Vegetable rich meat loaf
- Pasta sauces: home made gluten and dairy free pesto, vegetable rich bolognese sauce, tuna olives & capers sauce, red tomato-free pasta sauce with beetroots and umeboshi plums
- Post-natally meat broths (e.g poached chicken in shitake broth) can be particularly nourishing, to create warmth and build ‘digestive fire’. Broths also support immune functions so you can be at your best for you new baby.
- Energy bars for incredibly healthy and nutritious snaking
Added benefits of hiring me as your cooking doula
- A weekly food plan you can look at when you can’t think what to cook
- Shopping ideas to always have the basic ingredients you can easily make good meals with!
- Quick meal ideas you can make on your own in 20 minutes or less
- Free ‘cooking lessons’ if you choose to watch me or participate in the kitchen
- Focus on food intolerances and allergies