Doula North London
As a doula in North London I can offer you prenatal guidance as well as emotional and practical support during birth and/or in the postnatal period.
The birth of your baby is probably going to be the most memorable time of your life. I am here to help you prepare for the event so that the birth-day, and/or the first few weeks after the birth, can be the most enjoyable and comfortable moments.
I often hear parents-to-be say how confused they are about all the contradictory advice they hear and receive.
My role is to help you find your voice, understanding the various options around birth and/or the postnatal period including baby development. I focus on helping you gaining clarity and confidence so you can calmly make the choices you want to make while enjoying this special time.
The support I provide as a doula in North London is discrete, calm and respectful of your own choices. Supporting and nurturing you and your family so you can look after each other.
Individual support to approach the birth of your baby calmly and confidenlty.
A calm, discrete, comforting and encouraging presence during pregnancy and birth.
Supporting parents, nurturing you and your family.
For a smooth and confident start to breastfeeding.
Kind words from new parents.
I am a fully qualified massage therapist (BTEC NVQ4) regularly practicing since 2008. Specialising in pregnancy massage, with two diplomas in massage during pregnancy. My experience today allows me to also treat women in their first tremester and ‘high risk’ pregnancy.
- NVQ 4 Holistic Massage therapist
- Pregnacny Massage Diploma, full body and abdominal.
- Pregnacny and Post-Natal Massage Diploma. (Well-Mother, Susanne Yates accreditation)
- Deep Tissue Massage, back & Neck conditions CPD’s
- Baby Massage Instructor Certificate __ International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM)
- Conscious Birthing Doula certificate __ Doula Uk recognised member
- Water Birth, day workshop certificate (CPD)
- Lactation/ Breast-feeding workshops certificates (CPD’s). A&P, Physiology, Tounge Tie, Hand expressing & pamping protocols etc.__
- Wise woman: using Active Birth with medical interventions, day workshop (CPD)
- Rebozo techniques for birth and post-natal care, closing the bones. Workshops. (CPD)
I learn and grow everyday, always taking time to reflect on my practice.
I have a long personal history of meditation, Qigong and Yoga practice as well as being passionately interested in nutrition and Anatomy& Physiology.
I constantly read on the topics of anatomy and physiology, birth, child development, parenting and take any opportunity to listen to world leading speakers and educators on those topics.
Benefits of Having a Doula
- Continuity of care.
- Reduced fear and anxiety.
- Support for your partner/family.
- Care without agenda, judgement or expectation.
- Less likely to have medical interventions during labour.
- Less likely to feel the need to request pain relief.
- Shorter labour.
- More positive outlook on birth.
- More in control and satisfied in the postnatal period.
- Smoother transition into parenthood.
- Support with breastfeeding.
- A sense of empowerment from the birth experience and early weeks post-partum
As a Doula in North London I cover Barnet, Enfield, Haringey, Islington, Hackney, Waltham Forest.
We were so pleased to have found Eleonora as a post natal doula after the birth of our second child. All the family loved having her in the home. Her advice, warmth, help and excellent cooking enabled us to enjoy the precious early days. Ellie is incredibly professional and yet so personal, I really enjoyed this approach. Would highly recommend.– Carole Spink - Muswell Hill London
I had a very positive birth experience and loved giving birth despite the intensity. Eleonora played a very significant role in it. Eleonora is very respectful of what the mum and dad want for themselves and my partner and myself would describe her support as gentle and not intrusive. We are sure that we would have panicked at some point during labor without her. I would have no reservation to recommend her as an excellent doula– Julia Weber - Archway London
I was overwhelmed with all the conflicting advice from midwives, health visitors, books and friends. Eleonora helped me develop the confidence to rely on my own instincts, and I genuinely feel that I am a better mum because I am less anxious now and much more able to enjoy my daughter.– Emma Shulman - Borehamwood London