Baby Massage Classes North London
Baby Massage classes in Enfield, Barnet, Haringey, Isligton, Hackney, Waltham Forest. Baby Massage classes in The comfort of your home.
One of the main benefits of baby massage classes is learning to understand your baby’s cues, body language and confidently communicate nurturing touch.
Baby massage is best introduced in the first few weeks of life. This is why I prefer to run baby massage classes in small groups of four to eight parents (plus babies), to encourage you to bond with your baby from as early as four weeks old.
The sessions are baby-lead, very informal and friendly.
I booked the Baby Massage class with three other new mothers and would certainly recommend it. My daughter was 6 weeks old when we started and over the 4 weeks developed the stamina to enjoy a full body massage. Eleonora is a very warm, calm person. The babies were particularly relaxed and soothed by her gentle voice. Most importantly, I felt confident repeating the techniques at home from the first class, and my daughter and I love this time we spend together. It’s a wonderful way to engage with your baby and to enjoy their happy, relaxed response.– Cora B. - Highgate
The whole course fee is £70 per family. This includes five sessions of 1 hour and 30 minutes, baby massage stroke guides and a bottle of organic vegetable oil.
To arrange a course for a group of mums/dads in your own home, contact me on 07735 980 620. Minimum of 4 participants required.
It is also possible for you to have individual baby massage sessions at the same price when booking a massage session for you on the same day, although in my experience you get the most when in a group environment.
Baby Massage Course Content
My courses are very thorough and you will find out that massage is a tool for communication, bonding and most of all getting to know your baby’s cues and individuality. Throughout the 5 sessions we will learn about baby development with massage as our tool.
Each course runs for five consecutive weeks. We meet once a week for 1 hour 30 minutes. This is proved to be the optimum time to give both parent and baby time to learn and become accustomed to the massage.
Each week focuses on a new part of the body, followed by a repeat demonstration of previous classes to give continued reinforcement of what has been learned so far and adding new information where necessary. I teach a little at a time to ensure that you are confident with every aspect of the process. The strokes and styles of baby massage are demonstrated more than once and are easy to do.
I am available for support by email or phone between sessions.
At the end of the baby massage course you will be able to give a full body routine, including legs and feet, arms and hands, tummy, chest, face and back (the head is not massaged). Most importantly you will become familiar and confident with the various baby’s cue versus reflexes, the pre-language skills and your baby development.
We will cover topics such as: tummy pain or colic? Tummy-time and alternatives for those babies who don’t quite like it yet.
You will also learn containment holding, a colic routine, some gentle movements inspired by yoga and ways to adapt the massage as your baby grows.
Skills and topics that will be covered include: ideal environment and times, pressure, rhythm, length of the massage, respect, bonding, why baby cries and what can you do, baby’s body language, positioning of the baby, relaxation and parent empowerment.
Complete guides, with all the strokes techniques, will be given to you to keep; together with a small bottle of organic grape seed oil or sunflower oil to use while massaging your baby.
I look forward to meeting you and your baby!
Eleonora – 07735 980 620
Good To Know
- Classes are baby-led. It is okay for babies to cry, sleep or feed.
- Massage is relaxing and stimulates internal organs. At the same time it can lead to the need for your baby to pee or poop! It is fine for them to do so!
- You will be the only one massaging your baby; as an instructor I use a demonstration doll.
- In the case of your baby being asleep you will be given a real-touch doll to practice with. You won’t miss out!
- It is advisable for both you and your baby to wear comfortable clothes, as we will need to be sitting on the floor in a warm room and baby will be undressed.
- At the end of the massage practice, parents can share experiences and learn from each other while relaxing and having fun. I will facilitate the discussion.
- Recommended age for group classes is from 4 weeks to pre- crawling.
- Private lessons for individuals, premature and special needs babies are also available. You can call me with any questions.
- Life Touch Massage is part of the International Associations of Infant Massage. My baby massage courses are well researched and supported by professionals in the field in 52 countries around the world.
What To Have During The Lesson
- A soft and warm towel, a spare nappy and wipes.
- A favourite comforter/toy if baby has one.
- Portable changing mats.
- Hygienic paper and tissues.
- Water for you to be hydrated.
What I Will Bring
- Organic vegetable oils (for you to keep).
- Guides showing the techniques (for you to keep).