Pregnancy Postnatal Massage Specialist
Pregnancy And Postnatal Massage Specialist, Covering Enfield Barnet and Haringey
I have been working with pregnant women, new parents and families for the past 6 years in my role as a massage therapist, birth & postnatal doula and baby massage instructor.
The various services I offer for pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period means that I have transferable skills that allow me to be an all rounder in this field.
Qualified and Experienced Massage Therapist
- Fully qualified massage therapist, BTEC NVQ4. I hold a diploma in pregnancy massage, abdominal and full body, accredited by FHT, BABTAC and CThA. This gives me the skills and knowledge to safely massage your tummy as well as the rest of your body. I practice massage therapy since 2008. The workshops I generally attend and my interest are in anatomy and physiology and deep tissue massage techniques.
- IAIM trained and experienced baby massage instructor.
- Fully recognised birth and postnatal doula supporting women and families since 2011.
I learn and grow every day, always taking time to reflect on my practice. I participate in courses and workshops with Suzanne Yates of Well-Mother and author of many books on the topic of pregnancy and bodywork. I also attend study days on birth, breastfeeding and baby massage.
I always take the opportunity to meet and listen to some of the worlds leading experts on the topic. Ina May Gaskin, midwife and childbirth educator; Janet Balaskas founder of active birth movement, Michel Odent, Obstetrician, author and childbirth specialist.
Massage Therapy For High Risk Pregnancy
My qualifications and experience also allows me to treat ‘high risk’ pregnancy. Thanks to the proven relaxing benefits of massage often mums-to-be with high risk pregnancy are those that benefit the most from a treatment. (e.g fibroids, irritable uterus, gestational diabetes, pelvic girdle instability PGI/SPD etc.)
Supporting your & your baby's wellbeing during pregnancy.
Supporting Your Postnatal Recovery .
Booking Your Massage
When booking, allow a couple of days before your treatment to avoid disappointment.
Regular massage will help your body and mind to cope with all the changes one step at the time, so you can enjoy your pregnancy and postnatal period without discomfort.
- Please note, massage during or after pregnancy is not intended to replace your doctor or midwife’s care, but to support your journey physically and emotionally, working in collaboration with you and them. To do this in the best possible way, I can write a report after the treatment so that you can share it with them if required.
- Also, be aware that body massage is best introduced after the first trimester only if you are not familiar with receiving massage. However it is very safe in supporting your health from the first day of pregnancy until after birth. It is very beneficial and you may not want to wait your second trimester if you are already familiar with massage.
See our Locations Page for details and maps. I cover Haringey, Crouch End N8, Muswell Hill N10, Plmers Green N22, Barnet, Enfield and North London.